When you are not getting any idea - Going from Confusion to clarity and generating ideas
In this article we will learn
- -How the Creativity, Innovation and Idea-generation works
- -35 habits and ways - to become a person who generates ideas and solves problems - in every area of life for yourself as well as others
- -55 tips on How do we generate ideas and Make Idea-Creating-Habit great fun – for Business, Professional and personal Challenges
Some people can seemingly come up with ideas almost instantly.
For me it has always been a big challenge as I have always struggled in coming up with creative multiple ideas fast.
But I happen to be in such a profession – where I have to convince people - who are almost always more knowledgeable, very powerful, highly accomplished and more experienced than I am.
And unless I can show them – that I can certainly add definite value to them – by coming out with radically different ideas and solutions – I will never have any chance to have any earnings.
When I realized say around 2004 – that I am not as creative as the people I was working with at that time – who always ridiculed me because I was so structured.
This gave me such a negative complex – that I was continuously feeling pressurized.
And I found that although I have versatile and much better quality of experience as well as reasonably good qualifications - I am getting ignored because of this perceived lacuna of theirs.
I have always believed that Intelligence, Creativity, sharpness of brain, memory are very rarely we are born with.
Almost all the people whom I consider as my role-models are those who have put in lots of efforts, practice and perseverance and practice to acquire all these.
So I went deeper into how to get ideas – when you have no idea – and I learned that with disciplined structured practice – you can master any skill.
One of the prerequisites is that you need to seek pro-actively - challenging assignments and projects – which makes you go bonkers as you have never faced such challenge.
You will find that - This idea-generation or creativity or being innovative is not an innate ability – but – rather a skill to learn and life-long practice and a muscle which to exercise every day to make it more powerful as you go on.
Initially all of us need to push ourselves consciously – but later after enough practice it would be your subconscious habit.
Even this article's idea came – when I was not getting any idea of word or topic that I should write this weekly blog day – which is inspiring for me to get ideas.
So I decided – why not write about – "when you are not getting any ideas".
I always try to practice and also tell others – when you don't know about something just ask and keep asking till you have got versatile and contradictory perceptions, ideas and points of views.
We also need to consciously put efforts and focus on noticing problems and identify needs and then finding in how many different ways we can solve that.
Good ideas generally happen when we use all our 6 senses including the intuition.
How we think, what we think and what we believe we are capable of – as well as every feeling, every thought, every memory, and every sensation we have is a direct result of the interactions between these senses and our brain.
This is why – when we get older [that is especially when we ourselves start believing that we are old – and slow-down because old people are not supposed to be doing it]- we have a harder time remembering information and controlling bodily actions.
The similar differences exist between for those who always try to think of newer ideas and those who go ahead with what comes to their mind first – guess who would be better.
55 tips on How do we generate ideas and Make Idea-Creating-Habit great fun – for Business, Professional and personal Challenges – again it is basic and comes down to making the following your habit and part of your nature
- 1. The easiest way to come up with business ideas is to solve the problems you have.
- 2. The second easiest is to solve problems others have.
- 3. These don't have to be big solutions
- 4. You have to practice to become better and better at identifying problems
- 5. Focusing on your own big-frustrations – may give you the big leap – if you can solve that and if that frustration is really big irritants for a sizable chunk of people – then you are in business
- 6. The researching whether there is any product, service or person - which can solve your problem
- 7. Then try something that Indians call jugaad – it is creating or repairing or solving your problems without spending a lot
- 8. You can get good insight from the challenges the industry or business you are in for long time
- 9. Solve issues that may become problem for others in future – like in the new-normal world of corona covid19 – lots of things will change and stay same
- 10.Create products and services that satisfy our innate desires – name, fame, recognition, being unique, envy, greed, pride - adapt your offerings to the evolving needs of the people, societies and businesses
- 11.Create product and services that save people money, effort, time, energy and many nuisances that we would like to avoid – and which make people's lives a lot easier
- 12.Or create something that makes unpleasant tasks and chores fun
- 13.You can also turn your unique hobby or skill into a business opportunity
- 14.Copy and improve other existing ideas – borrow from different and unrelated businesses and industries and sectors
- 15.If you can't come up with a best way – research what would the worst thing to say push the customer away for lifetime – then find ways to retain them for long time
- 16.Take baby steps
- 17.Instead of running brainstorming sessions – give few people forming numerous groups the same problem to work on
- 18.You day has to be filled with few times of scheduled fun and relaxing time – when you either mediate to think freely on ideas or do something that makes your brain stretch
- 19.Exercise a lot
- 20.Spend time in nature and early morning
- 21.Face what you fear - feel the fear - then do it anyhow by challenging your self-doubt
- 22.Separate the creative – generating, identifying and collecting ideas – and - editing processes where you challenge each of the idea to test its practicality
- 23.Try to do more in less time – create your own deadlines that thrills you not terrifies you
- 24.Use lessor resources
- 25.Learn some new techniques, tools, skills
- 26.Collaborate with others who have some skills that they are expert in but you are not
- 27.Make a list of your top five interests or passions
- 28.Identify your skills and strengths
- 29.Test drive each idea
- 30.Bring in external counsel and experts
- 31.Ask people who does not have any expertise, knowledge or exposure in your field
- 32.Leave what you doing when you get stuck in – and go do something else
- 33.Be prepared to walk away from it – if after your maximum timeline and 100% efforts it does not work
- 34.Stop fighting it - talk a walk – distract yourself by doing mindless tasks
- 35.Just jump in with whatever actions comes to your
- 36.Ask your self
- I.What are the options?
- II.What are the possible outcomes of the options?
- III.How will those outcomes impact you and those around you?
- IV.Which option makes you feel the most and least stressed?
- V.Why does a particular option stress you?
- VI.Is that stress worth the potential outcome?
- 37.Brainstorm while you exercise., walk, sit in toilet
- 38.If possible crowd your challenge source through online – to connect with creative people
- 39.Combine opposites
- 40.Ask new questions
- 41.Ask Stupid, Foolish and Silly questions
- 42.Focus more on what you can do and within your area of control – rather than depending on others or something to happen before you can get going
- 43.Ask yourself which possibility you want and which you will avoid
- I.Bad idea and no implementation
- II.Weak idea weak implementation
- III.Good idea good execution
- IV.Weak idea good execution
- V.Amazing idea amazing execution
- 44.Allow yourself to be more vulnerable – let your weaknesses and flaws be known – then accept yourself fully while working on life-harming habits, beliefs and thought processes
- 45.Let go of perfection – let yourself fail – only because you are stretching beyond
- 46.Focus on excellence
- 47.Stop bothering about being discouraged from-by other people
- 48.Stop being overwhelmed by too much information – learn how to sort and organize the information you have
- 49.Seek only that information which will make you take action easily
- 50.Act micro – keep macro in the background
- 51.Capture ideas when they come.
- 52.Share your ideas – take chance to get ridiculed by others
- 53.Look at your competition - look outside your industry
- 54.Disrupt your routines, patterns and habits
- 55.Release the pressure – by doing something meaningless time to time just for fun
35 habits and ways - to become a person who generates ideas and solves problems - in every area of life for yourself as well as others
- 1. A person who see needs takes action type
- 2. Is cynical – meaning verifies before accepting a specific opinion
- 3. Is normally the first person to nothing something amiss
- 4. Can spot changes in environment almost immediately
- 5. Can understand others moods, reactions, feelings
- 6. Does not accept the first idea, solution, thought
- 7. Even if others oppose him/her – he/she still tries
- 8. Experiments to try new ideas
- 9. Have incurred huge and many losses because of sometimes impulsive actions
- 10.Does not cling with failures and mistakes – but tries to go forward
- 11.Ensures that he/she does not make mistakes or fails – but – is fully comfortable with these when thy happen
- 12.Is a prolific reader
- 13.Is always thinking why something can't be done and how it can done
- 14.Is always thinking from the perspective of how to improve
- 15.Does not have issues with listening and accepting other's point of views – even if they are radically different than his/her
- 16.Challenges the experts by asking their assumptions or rationale – after doing research
- 17.If he/she does not know something – he/she tries to learn by asking everyone
- 18.Normally does not let whatever ego he/she has come in the way
- 19.Recognizes, appreciates and is happy with other's success, happiness and accomplishments
- 20.Understands his/her strengths, weaknesses and moods
- 21.Acts on the concept of worst going to happen – then prepares how would he/she deal with if that happens
- 22.Is a good observer of things
- 23.Tries to connect the dots between unrelated
- 24.Accept challenges in the areas of unknown and uncertain
- 25.Does not let not-knowing stop him/her from going ahead – heshe just does not give up till he/she finds the solution or answer or learn about it
- 26.Researches a lot – when going for anything new
- 27.Gets flabbergasted and scared but goes ahead and faces them
- 28.Is the first to accept mistake and make it up
- 29.Does not have any problem in expressing
- 30.Does not bother what others will think and say
- 31.Is a silent worker – does not go about blowing his/her trumpet
- 32.Lets his/her results, success and accomplishments do the talking
- 33.You allow your ideas to develop slowly - over time
- 34.You look for new uses for old inventions
- 35.You build on accomplishments and strengths that you have already built
#WhatToDoWhenYouAreNotGettingAnyIdeas, #creativemultiplesolutions, #ChallengesOfGeneratingIdeas, #HowToOvercomeChallengesOfGeneratingIdeas, #HowToBeCreative, #ComingOutWithRadicallyDifferentSolutions, #HowToGetIdeasWhenYouHaveNoIdea, #DisciplinedStructuredPractice, #CanMasterAnySkill, #SeekProActivelyChallengingAssignments, #CreativityAndInnovationIsNotAnInnateAbility, #LifeLongPractice, #yoursubconscioushabit, #WhenYouDon'tKnowSomethingJustAskQuestion, #ObserveAndNoticeProblemsAndIdentifyNeeds, #FindingDifferentWaysToSolveProblems, #UsingAllOurSixSenses, #SolveTheProblemsYouHave, #SolveTheProblemsOthersHave, #PracticeToBecomeBetterAndBetterAtIdentifyingProblems, #PracticeToBecomeBetterAndBetterAtSolvingProblems, #FocusOnYourOwnBigFrustrations, #SolveTheBigIrritantsOfOthers, #IndianJugaad, #CreateProductsAndServicesThatSatisfiesOthersInnateDesires, #namefamerecognitionenvygreedpride, #adoptyourofferingstoevolvingneeds, #createsomethingthatmakesunpleasanttasksfun, #CopyCatAndImproveOthersideas, #Asknewquestions, #AskStupidFoolishSillyQuestions, #Allowyourselftobevulnerable, #Letgoofperfection, #letyourselffai, #stretchbeyondyourexistingcapaabilities, #Focusonexcellence, #Stopbotheringaboutothers, #Disruptyourroutines,patternshabits, #becomeapersonwhoseesneedstakesaction