In this article we will learn
-How the Creativity, Innovation and Idea-generation works
-36 habits and ways - to become a person who generates ideas and solves problems - yours as well as for others
-57 tips on How do we generate ideas and how can we Make Idea-Creation your natural-Habit and have great fun while practice and mastering this skill– to overcome your Business, Professional and Personal Challenges
What to Do When You are not getting any Idea and need it badly
Going from Confusion to clarity - Ambiguity to clarity - Training yourself to generate ideas
Some people can seemingly come up with ideas almost instantly.
For me it has always been a big challenge as I have always struggled in coming up with creative multiple ideas fast.
But I happen to be in such a profession – where I have to convince people - who are almost always more knowledgeable, very powerful, highly accomplished and more experienced than I am.
And unless I show them – that I would add distinctive value to them – by coming out with radically different ideas and solutions – I can never hope to get any business and thereby any earnings.
I was told repeatedly subtly as well as directly– that I am not as creative as them - the people I was working with - around 2004 – who always ridiculed me because I was so structured.
This gave me such a negative complex – that I was continuously feeling pressurized.
And I found that although I have versatile and much better quality of experience as well as reasonably good qualifications - I am getting ignored because of this perceived lacuna of mine - [because of this they would not give me the assignments that needed creativity].
I have always believed that Intelligence, Creativity, Sharpness of Brain, and Memory are very rarely - qualities we are born with.
Almost all the people whom I consider as my role-models are those who have put in lots of efforts, practice and perseverance and practice to acquire all these.
So I went deeper into how to get ideas – when you have no idea – and I learned that with disciplined structured practice – you can master any skill.
I discovered that - This idea-generation or creativity or being innovative is not an innate ability – but – rather a skill to learn and life-long practice and a muscle which to exercise every day to make it more powerful as you go on.
One of the prerequisites is that you need to seek pro-actively - challenging assignments and projects – which makes you go bonkers - because initially you feel flabbergasted, lost and confused - as you have never faced such challenges.
Initially all of us need to push ourselves consciously – but later after enough practice it would be your subconscious habit.
Even this article's idea came – when I was not getting any idea of word or topic[which is inspiring enough at that time] that I need to have in order to write anything.
So I decided – why not write about – "when you are not getting any ideas".
I always try to practice and also tell others – when you don't know about something just ask and keep asking till you have got versatile and contradictory perceptions, ideas and points of views.
Besides asking - we also need to consciously put efforts and focus on noticing problems and identify needs and then finding in how many different ways we can solve any challenge.
Good ideas generally happen when we use all our 6 senses including the intuition.
How we think, what we think and what we believe we are capable of – as well as every feeling, every thought, every memory, and every sensation we have is a direct result of the interactions between these senses and our brain.
This is why – when we get older [that is especially when we ourselves start believing that we are old – we slow-down because of our conditioning that - old people are not supposed to be mentally and physically active]- we have a harder time remembering information and controlling bodily actions.
The similar differences exist between for those who always try to think of newer ideas and those who go ahead with what comes to their mind first – guess who would be better.
36 habits and ways - to become a person who generates ideas and solves problems - yours as well as for others AND for this you need to become and do the following
1. Being a person who see needs and takes action
2. Who is cynical – who challenges and verifies before accepting or discarding any opinions or views
3.Who is normally the first person to notice - when something is amiss
4. Can spot changes in environment almost immediately
5. Can understand other's moods, reactions, feelings
6. Does not accept the first idea, solution, thought - which occurs or learns
7. Does not get pressurized by criticism - and even if others oppose him/her - still goes on and tries out his/her ideas
8. Experiments new ideas to improve and make things better
9. At times incurs losses because of impulsive actions
10. Does not attach himself/herself with his/her failures and mistakes – moves on and moves forward
11.Ensures that he/she does not make mistakes or fails – but – is fully comfortable with is they happen
12.Is a prolific reader and by nature a learner
13.Is always thinking why something can't be done and how it can done
14.Is always thinking from the perspective of how to improve
15.Does not have issues with listening and accepting other's point of views – even if they are radically different than his/her
16.Challenges the assumptions or rationale of experts – after doing thorough research
17. If he/she does not know something – he/she tries to learn by asking everyone
18. Is ashamed of admitting when does not know something - Normally does not let whatever ego he/she has come in the way
19.Recognizes, appreciates and feel happy with other's success, happiness and accomplishments
20.Understands his/her strengths, weaknesses and moods and triggers
21.Identifies the worst-case scenarios – then prepares how would he/she deal with if that happens
22. have mastered the art of observing of things
23.Tries to connect the dots between unrelated phenomenon
24.Accept challenges in the areas of unknown and uncertain
25. Never lets not-knowing something - stop him/her from going ahead – focuses his/her energies to find the solution or answer
26.Researches a lot – when going for anything new
27.Gets flabbergasted and scared but goes ahead and faces them
28.Is the first to accept mistake and make it up
29.Does not have any problem in expressing
30.Does not bother what others will think and say
31.Is a silent worker – lets his/her results do the talking
32.Lets the ideas to evolve and then improves it as the time go
33.Looks for new uses for old inventions
34.Builts on his/her strengths and accomplishments
35. Gives 100% in whatever projects he/she undertakes
36. Delivers excellence always - never compromises with quality
57 tips on how do we generate ideas and Make Idea-Creation your natural-Habit and have great fun while practice and mastering this skill– to overcome your Business, Professional and Personal Challenges
Mastering this art and skills is about fine-tuning basics - and comes down to making the following your habit and part of your nature
1. The easiest way to come up with business ideas is to solve the problems you are facing in newer ways
2. The second easiest is to solve problems that you observe others have AND when others approach you for your help in solving their problems
3. Please understand that these problems - don't have to be big problems and solutions which makes you world famous instantaneously
4. This art and skill needs practice to become better and better at identifying problems and solving them or finding solutions for them
5. Focus on your own big-frustrations – is a great way to cultivate and inculcate this skill and habit – if you can solve this nagging issue AND if this is something which is a big irritants for a sizable chunk of people – then you might have found a great business idea
6. Researching is a genuine key - to find whether there is any product, service or person - which can solve your problem
7. Trying out something that Indians call Jugaad – it is creating or repairing or solving your problems without spending a lot YET which works very well
8. Wonderful insights can come from the challenges the industry or business you are in for long time - are facing - try solving it just for the fun of it
9. Solve issues that may become problem for others in future – like in the new-normal world of corona covid19 – lots of things will change and and newer changes will keep happening on everyday basis
10.Create products by adapting your value-propositions - to the evolving needs of the people, societies and businesses and services [ and which also satisfy our innate desires – name, fame, recognition, being unique, envy, greed, pride etc. etc.]
11. Generate ideas or create product and services that save people money, effort, time, energy and many nuisances that we would like to avoid – and which make people's lives a lot easier
12.Or create something that makes unpleasant tasks and chores - fun
13.Turn your unique hobby or skill into a business opportunity
14.Copy and improve other existing ideas – borrow from different and unrelated businesses and industries and sectors
15.If you can't come up with a best way – research what would the exact opposite like instead of attracting customers - what could be the worst thing to do to lose the customer forever – then find ways to retain them for long time
16.Take baby steps - always moving forward and always towards your goals - even if it means stepping into unknown
17.Instead of running one big brainstorming session – forming numerous groups of few people - and give all the groups the same problem to work on - to get multiple independent perspectives
18.Fill your days - with scheduled fun and relaxing time – when you either mediate to think freely on ideas or do something that makes your brain stretch
19.Exercise a lot physically
20.Spend time in nature and in early morning
21.Face what you fear - feel the fear - then do it anyhow by challenging your self-doubt
22. Use the process of first generating, identifying and collecting ideas – and - then challenging each idea to test its practicality and viability
23.Try to do more in less time – create your own deadlines that thrills you but does not overwhelm and terrifies you
24.Use lessor resources to complete the tasks without lowering the standards
25.Learn some new techniques, tools, skills
26.Collaborate with others who have some skills that they are expert in but you are not
27.Make a list of your top five interests or passions - then identify what great things you would like to go for OR create a legacy
28.Identify your current skills and strengths - also identify the future skills - which would be needed in immediate future
29.Collect as many ideas and Test drive each idea
30.Seek the help of external counsel and experts
31.Ask people for ideas - who have never been in your field and does not have any expertise, knowledge or exposure in your field
32.Leave what you doing when you get stuck in – and go do something else
33.Be prepared to walk away from it – if after your extended deadline and giving 100% does not work
34.Stop fighting it - talk a walk – distract yourself by doing mindless tasks
35.Just jump in with whatever actions comes to your
36.Ask your self
I.What are the options?
II.What are the possible outcomes of the options?
III.How will those outcomes impact you and those around you?
IV.Which option makes you feel the most and least stressed?
V.Why does a particular option stress you?
VI.Is that stress worth the potential outcome?
37.Brainstorm while you exercise - walk, sit in toilet
38.If possible crowd-source your challenge through online – to connect with creative people
39. Identify and combine opposites ideas to come up with a radically different one
40.Ask new questions
41.Ask Stupid, Foolish and Silly questions
42.Focus more on what you can do and within your area of control – rather than depending on others or something to happen before you can get going
43.Ask yourself the following - to clarify which outcomes you want and which you will avoid
I.Bad idea and no implementation
II.Weak idea weak implementation
III.Good idea good execution
IV.Weak idea good execution
V.Amazing idea amazing execution
44.Allow yourself to be more vulnerable – let your weaknesses and flaws be known – then accept yourself fully while working on life-harming habits, beliefs and thought processes
45.Let go of perfection – let yourself fail – by stretching beyond your current capabilities
46.Focus on excellence
47.Stop bothering about other people and don't get discouraged when others ridicule you
48.Prevent getting overwhelmed by information over-load – learn how to sort and organize the information you have
49.Seek only that information which will make you take action easily
50.Act micro – keep macro in the background
51.Capture ideas when they come.
52.Share your ideas – take chance to get ridiculed by others
53.Look at your competition - look outside your industry
54.Disrupt your routines, patterns and habits
55.Release the pressure – by doing something meaningless time to time just for fun
56. Indulge in your fantasies
57. Give in to your impulses - to eat junk or to do nothing or to watch and play games
#howideagenerationworks, #habitsweneedtoinculcatetobecreative, #anybodycanbecreative, #creativityisthemostpowerfulskill, #whattodowhenyouarenotgettinganyidea, #ideagenerationisahabitandskill, #confusiontoclarity, #ambiguitytocrystalclear, #anybodycanbecreative, #toinnovateweneedtousecreativityeverywhere, #challengeyourselfandexperts, #asksillyquestions, #goodideashappenswhenweuseoursixsenses, #mastertheartofaskinquestions, #howtosharpenyourcreativity, #generateideastosolveproblems, #howtomakeideagenerationyournaturalhabit, #trainyourselftogenerateideas, #masterideageneratiotosolveyourchallenges, #havecouragetolookridiculous, #ifyouarenotgettinganyideakeepaskingquestions, #creativityneedsdisciplinedpractice, #comeoutwithradicallydifferentideas, #howtocreatedisruptiveideasthatworks