Overcoming Stress, Anxiety, Fear, Burn-out Through Self Hypnosis Techniques
Synopsis of My Three Panel Talks Delivered at Women Economic Forum Annual Function New Delhi May 8th to May 13th 2017.
These are Posted as 3 Separate Blog Articles Together – To Read These You have To Click On Three Blogs Separately.
This is The Second Talk. As soon as we get the Video from the WEF – we shall post them online
Anxiety, Burn-out, Depression, stress, Fear => are some of the things – all of us experience in our life few times.
But when it goes on for long time & incapacitates our life => then they turn into dis-orders & we would need expert medical & psychiatric treatments.
Because it is not a medical conference or a session – where we have people with Anxiety, Depression & Other psychiatric dis-orders => therefore I shall talk about the things that we can do ourselves to manage & overcome day-to-day stress & recognize when we need expert help.
The symptoms of anxiety and stress are driven by the same chemical reaction;
Contrary to popular belief, there is a difference between stress and anxiety. ... Stress is caused by an existing stress-causing factor or stressor.
Anxiety is stress that continues after that stressor is gone.
Anxiety is chronic stress, whereas stress is a normal response to something upsetting.
Depression and Anxiety Disorders are Not the Same.
Depression and anxiety disorders are different, but people with depression often experience symptoms similar to those of an anxiety disorder, such as nervousness, irritability, and problems sleeping and concentrating.
Few Dis-orders caused by Fear & Anxiety
What is Burn –Out
Symptoms of Burnout
A. Physical Symptoms
1.Always Feeling Fatigued - Lack Energy , Tired ,Physically And Emotionally Exhausted, Drained, And Depleted
2.Trouble Falling Asleep Or Staying Asleep
3.Stomachache, Headache, Fainting/Dizziness
4.Frequent Falling Sick Due To Weak Immune System
5.Loss Of Appetite
B. Mental Symptoms
1.Not Remembering Or Inability To Recall Even The Simple Things – Which Cannot Be Forgotten
2.Losing Concentration And Inability To Focus
3.You Are Scared To Take Actions
4.Find It Difficult To Relax
5.A Generally Negative Attitude, Often Paired With The Feeling That Nothing Is Going To Work Out
C. Emotional Symptoms
1.Worrying Most Of Time
3.Losing Ability To Laugh
5.Having The Sense Of Hopelessness
6.Feeling of Guilt
8.Loss Of Enjoyment
9.Feelings Of Apathy
11.Sense Of Failure And Self-Doubt
12.Feeling Helpless, Trapped
13.Acceptance Of Defeat – That All Is Lost
14.Increasingly Cynical And Negative Outlook
15.Decreased Satisfaction And Sense Of Accomplishment
16.Feeling Alone In The World
17.Do Not Look Forward To Future
18.Feel Worthless Or Unworthy
D. Work/Professional Symptoms
1. Loss of Productivity And Poor Performance
2.Withdrawing From Responsibilities
3.Skipping Work Or Coming In Late And Leaving Early
4.Procrastinating, Taking Longer To Get Things Done
5.Find It Difficult To Take Initiatives
6.Feelings Of Stagnation
7.Constantly Worry That You May Make Mistake
8.Loose Control Over Minor Issues And Tend To Over-React To The People/Situations
9.Disengagement From Work
10.Increased Absenteeism And Accidents
11.Slipping Job Performance
12.Interpersonal Problems At Home And At Work
13.Being Preoccupied With Work ... When You're Not At Work – Always Thinking About Work
Techniques Which can be Used By Your Self
Here I am going to explain 2 Techniques
1. Self Hypnosis – Anchoring & Visualization
1.First Choose A Time & Place – Where There Is Not Interruption Through People, Noise Anything
2.Sit Relaxed With Your Eyes Closed – The Entire Exercise Would Be Done With Your Eyes Closed
3.Take A Deep Long Breath, Hold It For A While & Then Let It Go Slowly – Once More - Take Another Deep Long Breath, Hold It For A While & Then Let It Go Slowly – Then Again - Take Yet Another Deep Long Breath, Hold It For A While & Then Let It Go Slowly
4.Now Go Back To Your Life & Search Through Your Life's Positive & Powerfully Impactful Events – Select The One Event Which Made You Feel Either One Or Some Or All Of The Following
b)Most Powerful Like A Time When You Really Felt You Could Have Achieved Whatever You Wanted
5. Recall This Particular Incident & Try To Visualize The Entire Episode Which Made You Experience These Most Powerful Feelings & Emotions
6. While Visualizing – Feel That – As If It Is Happening Right Now
7. Observe What You Are Doing, Hear What You Are Saying, What You Are Wearing, Feel What You Are Feeling
8. Observe Who All Are There & What They Are Doing, Hear What They Are Saying, What They Are Wearing & What Are The Expression They Have
9. Make That Scenario Brighter, Bring It Closer, Make It More Colorful – Till You Find The Intensity Of The Positive Emotions Are Bursting Within You
10. Only When - When You Are Feeling The Most Powerful, The Most Confident, The Most Happy – While In This Exercise => Take Your Index Finger & Thumb Of Your Left Hand And Press Your Right Ear Lobe. After Pressing For A Second Release It.
11. Then Open Your Eyes – Do Something Different To Take Your Mind Away For 30 Seconds => Walk, Sing, Anything.
12. Then Close Your Eyes – Then Take A Deep Long Breath, Hold It For A While & Then Let It Go Slowly => Now Release The Trigger By => Take Your Index Finger & Thumb Of Your Left Hand And Press Your Right Ear Lobe => If You Have Done It Correctly – Then You Will Get The Same Feeling Back In That Instant.
You Have To Repeat The Steps From 1 To 12 Many Times[At Least Do It For 15-20 Times In Different Days & Time] For The Same Incident Using The Very Same Anchor Every Time.
Once It Is Anchored Deeply – You Feel Find That You Can Have That Mood – Anytime You Want It & It Comes Within You Even In Case You Trigger The Anchor Accidentally
2.EFT => Emotional Freedom Technique – COMPLETE BELOW ARTICLE TAKEN FROM INTERNET
This technique can be use very effectively in case of Fear & anxiety
Steps for EFT