Your being funny or wanting to be funny is dependent on how often you try to make people laugh – off-course by doing so, you would fail more but you will also succeed more.
If want to laugh away your blues or break out of your shackles - humor is a great way.
Having a good sense of humor makes you more enjoyable to be around.
This article is about - Why laughter could be cure for many of our ailments and how can we strengthen the funny bone within us to create a very practical habit, nature and temperament.
All of us have met people, who have an uncanny way of turning anything into a very witty remark which makes people laugh. How do they do it.
Are these people very happy and content – not necessarily – many of them had tragedies.
Funny people are those who have learned to see the world from different perspectives.
Even if you are not witty - you can develop wit. George Bernard Shaw was originally a terrible speaker yet over time he worked on it and developed himself into one of the greatest wits the world has ever known.
Our most laughter come from spending time with friends and family and being in company of those who promotes us and makes us feel and good about ourselves – rather than hearing jokes.
Humor and playful communication strengthen our relationships by triggering positive feelings and fostering emotional connection.
When we laugh with one another, a positive bond is created. This bond acts as a strong buffer against stress, disagreements, and disappointment.
What if you really cannot find anything funny – it is possible to laugh without experiencing a funny event.
The ability to laugh, play, and have fun not only makes life more enjoyable but also helps you solve problems, connect with others, and think more creatively.
Playing with problems seems to come naturally to children. When they are confused or afraid, they make their problems into a game, giving them a sense of control and an opportunity to experiment with new solutions.
In addition to this article ALSO READ my blog – ways to enhance sense of humor.
Most of us are sub-consciously aware about the permanence of law of impermanence/change in life – yet, still we expect OUR life to be perfect/permanent/ever-after/well-settled.
This mindset is the singularly biggest reason of our unhappiness's and stress and our jealousies and envies and our angers and our feeling cheated by our luck.
We need to recognize that The imperfection is the rule [and is the only perfection that we need to accept].
There is a saying - If you cannot find the brighter side of life then polish the darker side – so that itself becomes sparkling so much so that you turn it into an advantage.
Most of us have un-sharable secrets, An irreversible regret, An un-kept promise, An irreplaceable loss, An unreachable dream, An unforgettable person we love.
If you can make people smile even if when they are not in a good mood - it will make them feel better - The same goes for laughter.
Life will go on; the real secret of life is being happy - despite these down turns of life.
Laughter and Humor Reduces our Stresses And Anxieties – through distracting, reframing, healing, relaxing and through releasing powerful chemicals those are natural feel-gooder and mood enhancers.
If you have trained your mind with enough practice – you would be able to see simultaneously - the parallelly different and funny, naughty, double-meaning and mind-boggling interpretations - even to the most innocent of statements, questions and situations.
The opposite is also true, that is, if we attach negative connotation to any situation, action and words of other peoples – we are going to be very-very stressed, jealous, envious, angry, feel let-down and so on.
Many of our stresses are not due to the situations, events and circumstances themselves – but due to the negative meanings that we have trained our mind to see.
The anatomy of humor or joke. First there is the set-up -which is an introduction designed to leads the audience to think in one direction. Then the punchline, which shows an TOTALLY UNEXPECTED form of a seemingly INNOCENT statement or event.
Elements of humor
- 1.First Curiosity then Surprise - you lead the audience to assume one thing and then suddenly hit them with something totally different
- 2.Shock at the such simple YET funny side
- 3.An interpretation that could not have been imagined by the audience
- 4.Double meaning
- 5.Naughty meaning
- 6.Dirty meaning
- 1.My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met
- 2.OR a similar one – I never knew what real happiness is, till I got married, BUT by then it was too late.
I have put below, few Naughty Riddles taken from the internet – the answers are at the end of this article.
But please don't look, till you have identified the very-first response your mind gave to all of them.
- 1.What is in a men's pocket you normally won't find in women's pant
- 2.What is the four-letter word – that ends in K and has the same meaning like intercourse
- 3.What is hairy out-side and soft and wet inside and this word starts with C and ends with T
- 4.Arnold Schwarzenegger's is Big George Bush's is small and Madonna doesn't have it
- 5.I go in hard and come out soft and like when you blow me out
- 6.What is at least 6 inches long, goes in your mouth and is fun if it vibrates
- 7.When pressed what goes up, releases its load and comes down
- 8.When I insert something I may cause some pain, I also fill your holes and I ask you to spit and not swallow
- 9.What is long and hard and has cum in it
- 10.What a woman can use to get what she wants which begins with V
- 11.What does a cow has four and a woman has only two
- 12.What is in front of Woman and at the back of cow
- 13.What every man has, some are big and some are small. It feels great when blown. But the man is not careful it drips
- 14.What is most rewarding when long and hard
- 15.Some people prefer being in top and some in the bottom and it involves a bed always
- 16.In Which Situation, Do Men Start Sweating In 10 Mins & Women Want To Go ON & ON & ON?
DOUBLE MEANING - FILL IN THE BLANKS – please fill as per the very first word that comes to your mind
- 2._ _NDOM
- 3.F_ _ K
- 4.P_ N_S
One Innocent Yet Double Meaning Interaction
Student – Mam Diagram in book is not clear. Teacher draws diagram on blackboard and says - Don't look at the figure in the book - Look at my Figure
A Simple Logic
Human= Eat+ Work+ Sleep+ Enjoy
Donkey= Eat+ Work+ Sleep
Therefore Human= Donkey+ Enjoy Or Human-Enjoy=Donkey => i.e., Human who doesn't enjoy is a donkey
25 reasons Why Laughter is good for your mind, body, soul and relationships
- 1.Laughter relaxes the whole body
- 2.Laughter boosts the immune system
- 3.Laughter triggers the release of endorphins - the natural feel-good chemicals
- 4.Laughter lightens anger's heavy load. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh. Enable you to move on from confrontations without holding onto bitterness or resentment.
- 5.Laughter may even help you to live longer
- 6.Lowers stress hormones
- 7.Decreases pain
- 8.Relaxes your muscles
- 9.Prevents heart disease
- 10.Mental health benefits of laughter:
- 11.Adds joy and zest to life
- 12.Eases anxiety and tension
- 13.Improves mood
- 14.Strengthens resilience
- 15.Strengthens relationships
- 16.Attracts others to us
- 17.Enhances teamwork
- 18.Helps defuse conflict
- 19.Promotes group bonding
- 20.Laughter helps you stay mentally healthy
- 21.Laughter stops distressing emotions
- 22.Laughter helps you relax and recharge
- 23.Laughter shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light
- 24.Laughter draws you closer to others, which can have a profound effect on all aspects of your mental and emotional health.
- 25.Release inhibitions - Your fear of holding back is pushed aside.
54 ways to be funny and make yourself a pleasure to be around
- 1.Start seeing the absurdities of the world
- 2.The ability to tell funny stories has long been regarded as a unique gift possessed by a very special few. Read my blog presentation* by storytelling
- 3.Watch the classics of Fun like – I love Lucy, Yes Minster, Yes Prime Minister, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Seinfeld, Laurel and Hardy – observe note down what makes you laugh[the tone, the sharp intelligence, the ability to make simple sounding awful or what]
- 4.Learn to be a great observer* read my blog on this
- 5.Master Pillow talk* read my blog on this
- 6.Ways to enhance your humor* read my blog on this
- 7.Combine spontaneous creativity with ideas that delight
- 8.Try your hand at wit in the parties you attend, social functions, the coffee shop etc etc.
- 9.Develop thick skin for people who make fun of you or try to kill your punchline
- 10.Accept that, it would take lots of efforts on your part to Master the Art of Humor
- 11.Accept that many People won't be able to see the funny side of what you are saying
- 12.Learn What Amuses You - A lot of times, we say things purely to please others - Instead, start with what amuses you. Then, if you think the other person will also be amused with it, share it with them
- 13.You'll be funny when you find something amusing and delightful to yourself. That is the starting point, you have to forget about other people's opinions
- 14.You don't have to be funny all the time - so don't expect that of yourself and more important Don't let other people expect that of you
- 15.Comedy comes more from tragedy - It helps if the tragedy only affected you
- 16.Few Quick Tips
- I.Don't rush the punch line
- II.Use pauses for effect
- III.Speak with energy. Enthusiasm is infectious
- IV.Articulate clearly. Enunciate plainly and distinctly
- V.Don't over gesticulate
- VI.Don't laugh at your own jokes
- VII.Talk less — say more
- VIII.Rehearse. Rehearse. Rehearse
- IX.Become familiar with humor classics
- X.Review books on comedy technique
- XI.Watch comedians at work
- XII.Practice gestures before a mirror
- XIII.Take acting classes
- XIV.Record your own delivery
- XV.Learn to use the different tone
- XVI.Use whispers
- XVII.Learn dancing
- XVIII.Learn to tease playfully
- XIX.Do role plays
- XX.Know When to Pull the Plug on Yourself
- 17.Know if you have offended someone – MAKE IT UP, APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY, SINCERELY
- 18.Treat yourself to a comedy festival -Reward yourself frequently with the gift of laughter, Hollywood style.
- 19.Recall several of the most embarrassing moments in your life. Then find the humor in them. Now practice telling stories describing them in a humorous way. It might take a little exaggeration or dramatization, but that's what good storytelling is all about. By revealing your vulnerable moments and being self-deprecating, you open yourself up much more to the humorous aspects of life.
- 20.Learn to twist and spin everything especially your frustrating, annoying and irritating moments
- 21.Write funny captions or one-liners on anything you find funny
- 22.When a person offends you or makes you angry, respond with humor rather than hostility. For instance, if someone is always late, say, "Well, I'm glad you're not running an airline." Life is too short to turn every personal affront into a battle.
- 23.However, if you are constantly offended by someone in particular, yes, take it seriously and take appropriate action.
- 24.Never act dumb and silly – be witty develop intelligence
- 25.Never try to be humorous by being rude and insulting
- 26.Don't criticize something if you can't understand it just to acquire some laughs
- 27.Never let anyone make you feel stupid or small - Don't insult him/her, simply smile and change the subject
- 28.Say whatever comes to your mind - Don't expect them laugh every time
- 29.Keep your ears open for opportunities to connect with the conversation with your earlier jokes in case nothing new comes to your mind
- 30.Think of an everyday situation when you thought something was funny, Think of a serious situation that you have encountered or encounter daily - Now try to reframe it in a way as to make it funny by pointing out the absurdity about that serious situation
- 31.Start creating a collection of jokes that you come across and write them down somewhere, Try to find the punchline, the set-up and any potential taglines.
- 32.Bounce your humor off someone
- 33.When you're in the middle of a difficult situation, it can seem overwhelming. If you try to see your situation as an observer would - later, you may find something funny
- 34.Be around others who make you laugh
- 35.Always keep practicing – intelligent witty comebacks
Bust Your Stress with Humor
If you want to be stress-free, happy, successful and live your life to the fullest – the trick you got to master – is REFRAMING – that is seeing the following types of explanations, in whatever happens to you and whatever other people do or say to you
- 1.Practicing to see almost all different [as many as you can – initially it would be less numbers – later with practice you would be able to see many] and paradoxical reasons, meanings, interpretations.
- 2.Then use the NLP technique of Reframing – to create paradoxically different ways the situation can be explained
- 3.And then choose the one which puts you in the most resourceful state and also makes the grave-situation [in case it is so] - lighter in your mind
- 4.Practicing to disassociate and view everything in from different types people [ being objective without getting involved and attached]. This too is a NLP technique.
- 5.Seeing the funny side and angle in even the most difficult crises[this is one of the most difficult habit to master] – but master you can, with regular practice.
- 6.Exploring all the possible solutions, options, alternatives – and then choose the best or the combination of the best actions/meanings
Few Examples of how you can reframe certain negative happenings [especially after you have done everything to prevent it and the cause was beyond your control and influence]
- 1.If you have failed in-spite of your 100 percent efforts – reframe it by saying - Is it a law that you will pass every-time
- 2.If you have had a heart-break/breakup – reframe it by saying - Is it a rule that you will have successful relationship with everyone
- 3.If you are feeling lost or lack confidence – reframe it by saying - Is it compulsory to have confidence at all the time
- 4.If you have had huge business loss because of some wrong decisions – reframe it by saying - Is it possible that you take all right decisions
Clean comebacks you can use when someone is treating you badly
When people use humor to insult or belittle others or pick on people who are unable to defend themselves – you need to put a stop to it then and there, otherwise their toxic behavior will increase – both in frequency and the heaviness of abuse.
It becomes very challenging when you are a genuinely nice person and are getting sucked by bullies who ae trying to put you down or insult you.
If someone is continually verbally bullying you - you should walk away from that relationship - as not all relationships are meant to be continued.
Putting up with abuse is not healthy for anyone.
Learn and practice witty comebacks - to Shut the toxic or insulting or a difficult person with a clever comeback of you own – 40 examples, again taken from the internet
- 1.I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.
- 2.They say opposites attract, I hope you meet someone good looking, intelligent and cultured.
- 3.Ways to say No - What part of the word no do you not understand
- 4.Comebacks for nosy people
- I.Hey, I found your nose, it's in my business again!
- II.Remember when I asked for your opinion - Me neither.
- III.If you are going to have opinions about my life than I can assume you will be paying some of my bills.
- 5.I would like to leave you with one thought, but I'm not sure if you have anywhere to store it in.
- 6.My life may be a joke, but it's not as funny as your face.
- 7.It's so cute when you try to talk about things you don't understand.
- 8.If you're gonna be a smartass, first you have to be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
- 9.Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent.
- 10.Some people bring joy where-ever they go. You, on the other hand, bring joy when-ever you go.
- 11.Somewhere out there, there's a tree working very hard to produce oxygen so that you can breathe. I think you should go and apologize to it.
- 12.I'm so jealous of all the people that haven't met you yet.
- 13.I wasn't born with enough middle fingers to let you know how I feel.
- 14.Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize my happiness makes you so miserable.
- 15.I hear there's a new app called "Sense of Humor." Please download it.
- 16.Unless your name is Google, stop acting like you know everything!
- 17.Mind if I ask where the OFF button for your mouth is?
- 18.Stupidity is not a crime, so you're free to go.
- 19.I don't understand your specific kind of 'stupidity,' but I do admire your total commitment to it.
- 20.You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?
- 21.Someday you'll go far—and I really hope you stay there.
- 22.I'm trying my absolute hardest to see things from your perspective, but I just can't get my head that far up my ass.
- 23.Do yourself a favor and ignore anyone who tells you to be yourself. Bad idea in your case.
- 24.Everyone's entitled to act stupid once in awhile, but you really abuse the privilege.
- 25.Can you die of constipation? I ask because I'm worried about how full of sh*t you are.
- 26.If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person on the planet.
- 27.Are you always such an idiot, or do you just show off when I'm around?
- 28.Whenever we hang out, I remember that God really does have a sense of humor.
- 29.You always bring me so much joy—as soon as you leave the room.
- 30.If you're here, who's running hell?
- 31.Light travels faster than sound, which is why people like you appear bright—until they open their mouths.
- 32.Did something bad happen to you, or are you just naturally this terrible of a person?
- 33.Your opinion is very important to me. Please stay on the line until you hear the beep for voicemail.
- 34.Strong people don't put others down. They lift them up and slam them on the ground.
- 35.If you see me smiling it's because I'm thinking of doing something bad. If you see me laughing, it's because I already have.
- 36.This obviously isn't working out. I think it's time for us to go our separate ways and start making other people miserable.
- 37.Honesty may be the best policy, but insanity is the best defense.
- 38.Masturbation is like procrastination—it's all good fun until you realize you're just fuc*ing yourself.
Some very intelligent Yet Funny Come-backs from well-known people – taken from internet
- 1.Nancy Astor was said to have commented to Winston Churchill "If I were your wife I would poison your coffee…" - To which Winston Churchill promptly replied with "And if I were your husband, I would drink it".
- 2.A British MP: Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease! - Benjamin Disraeli: That depends, sir, on whether I embrace your policies or your mistress!
- 3.Actress: "I enjoyed reading your book. Who wrote it for you?" - Ilka Chase: "Darling, I'm so glad that you liked it! Who read it for you?"
- Few Quotes of famous people – taken from internet
- 1.Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason—Mark Twain
The problem with most women is that they get all excited about nothing, then marry him—Cher
- 2.A friend rubbing Nicholas Longworth's bald head: Nice and smooth, feels just like my wife's bottom! - Longworth, rubbing his head: Indeed, it does!
- 3.It must be hard being brilliant with no way to prove it — T. Merrill
Answers OF THE NAUGHTY RIDDLES - in the same sequence as that of questions
- 4.Last name
- 5.Chewing Gum
- 6.Electric Toothbrush
- 7.An elevator
- 8.Car seatbelt
- 11.Her voice
- 13.The letter W
- 16.Bunk Bed