Tips for creating and generating alternative sources of income when you don't have any job. Creating self-employment opportunities when no job - Self-employment options during corona covid19 times - Alternative self-employment ideas in 2021
In this article we will be covering the following
- -16 High investment opportunities and options - most of them are intensely technical and need-big investments - and many of these are keeping Indian situation in mind
- -78 Low investment opportunities and options - few of these are for Professional who are optimally qualified and experienced in their professions
- -8 examples of opportunities for technical-experts
- -16 examples of opportunities for unskilled - these might be known to you - but during tough times - forgetting the EGO and finding and doing some of these work may add big value to you later AS you may be able to start a big business later after acquiring enough knowledge, edge, skills, experience and exposure in these
- -Opportunities for skilled - is not given purposely in this article - because if someone have hard-skill which normally people outsource and are good in what they do - they need to pay attention to marketing their services and delivering excellence only to do very well.
During this corona triggered and induced difficult economic-situation and tough recessionary condition - finding jobs are definitely not an easy task.
Getting a job becomes even more challenging if you don't have an in-demand-cutting-edge competency-portfolio of qualifications, skills, expertise and exposure in high growth business-area PLUS a job.
Securing a job becomes more effective and easier - when you get referred by some very influential and powerful person [as then you get called for interview] and get selected through topping the interview.
But if you are out of job - without relevant skills and experience - then it is very-very uphill task if not downright impossible - especially in countries like India.
Therefore we need to focus on - creating and generating alternative sources of revenue generation through self-employment.
We need multiple sources - because - you need to have a minimum level of income to survive and manage your basic minimum operational expenses - personal as well as for the revenue-generation model.
One small project or venture may not give us the amount needed for meeting our basic requirements.
Everyone have to focus on more than one revenue generating stream - except those - who have managed to identify and create traction for their business-idea - on a scale which is a winner from the start and generating enough revenues to helping them grow.
If we are starting a new project or venture AND if ours is not a disruptive idea [which most of us unlikely to have] - we will find competition from numerous Me-Too startups - looking to grab the biggest piece of the same pie - of same customers and same business.
Because there are information available on almost every tools and methods - to create illuminating products and services - almost every organization offers same features in their products and services.
Therefore it becomes very-very challenging to create distinctive differentiation to create right niche-positioning.
Creating a unique positioning is the immutable prerequisite - if you want to attract customers who are already using and paying to your already established competitors - direct or indirect.
We have to have a niche in - value-proposition, value-offering, niche-market, Niche customer segment as well as distinction in qualitative and quantitative advantages over others.
21 most mandatory and essential prerequisite - if you have to go for self-employment and make a reasonable success of it
- 1.A specific skill, quality, competency, knowledge, exposure and experience[ either singly or in combination] - which can be monetized
- 2.A burning desire to succeed
- 3.Ability to put in extra-ordinary efforts, time, and energy - for months - everyday
- 4.Interest in learning on continuous basis to keep reinventing and making yourself as well as what you did yesterday obsolete
- 5.Ability to do extreme hard-work for extended period of time without any gratifications
- 6.Emotional-resilience not to take rejections, criticism, ridicules and failures personally and get demotivated
- 7.Constantly working on improving the quality of excellence that you deliver and fine tuning your approach through continuous course-corrections.
- 8.Being aware and updated about what is happening during post-Corona-world - which business and failing AND which one of them are growing AND Why
- 9.Then you have to have an idea - which you have to use to it to suit your situation through your awareness of aforesaid points
- 10. Identify what types of problems - it will solve for - individuals or businesses
- 11. The starting point for generating this idea would be - your own frustrations and wishful thinking when you get stuck and wish - If only this facility was available and affordable
- 12. Then creating a niche - in market size, customer types and their geographic locations, type of problems to solve for your chosen market
- 13. This niche has to be big-enough for you to survive - and small enough for the competitors to avoid at least initially - if you happen to have a profitable idea which is easily copy-able and the competitors can attack your very size of business
- 14. Then you need to put the idea - in a business plan
- 15. Once you have a business plan[although these are part of it] - you need to create Business-model, Revenue-model, Marketing-channels
- 16. After this - we have focus on doing due-diligence - to see our assumptions AND do business-feasibility and financial-viability
- 17. Then we have to develop the proto-type of product and services - that we want to market
- 18. Once you have all these ready - testing your model real-time with your actual target customer
- 19. This testing cannot go smoothly if it is a worthwhile idea [if it goes too smoothly - then beware - as you need to revisit, review and redesign all the above steps and the gaps]
- 20. Once you have fixed the loopholes - then go for soft launch - for further refining your methods, processes and ideas as well as assumptions
- 21. After that you can launch yourself fully - using SPIN [to sell it to your target customer] as well as guerrilla-marketing techniques - which you have to fine-tune and polish [to influence your focused audience to shift to your offerings].
Few Business Ideas and Areas - I understand that whatever I listed is not even the tip of opportunities available AND that many of them are already known to you - BUT - you have to understand that fine-tuning the known to create your very-own-customized niche is the key to any business launch and its subsequent success
16 High investment opportunities and options - most of them are intensely technical and need-big investments - and many of these are keeping Indian situation in mind
- 1.Health record digitization using block-chain technology - to create one time record and life-time assess of medical-record - for easy-access of doctors and hospitals as well as to the patient AND to connect multiple doctors in different locations to access someone's medical records - with privacy and security concern taken care of
- 2.Drone manufacturing - for various current and future emerging needs
- 3.Using and leasing drones - for say providing security - to say women in rural-areas OR for woman who are travelling alone and at odd hours to remote locations - connecting with security agencies and real-time monitoring
- 4.Delivering in rural and even in urban areas using drone - it could be like life-organs for transplanting
- 5.Robot manufacturing - for medical, industrial and farming
- 6.Vertical farming -high-rise greenhouses - with multiple levels of different fruit and vegetables, one could harvest produce for a city or town using a building - robots could manage each level of the facility, in conjunction with sensors to monitor temperature, humidity etc.
- 7.Creating solar-electricity generations units for industrial belts
- 8.Localized solar electrical smart grid organization - using partnership with users and public and other investors - using internet of things sensors for distributing, trouble-shooting and monitoring the electricity use for each household or building attached to the electrical grid.
- 9.Creating solutions for the challenges, the risks and the complexities of Cash on delivery- where the money is only collected once the goods are delivered - using block-chain technology
- 10. The last-mile delivery-solution services for rural areas - especially for places where regular shipping companies are not willing to do business - would needs fleet of vehicles and drones etc.
- 11. Warehousing - if you have large piece of land and can develop specialist-warehouse - to stock and hold goods for e-commerce organizations
- 12. E-commerce niche stores - in artifacts and items those are still in demand and consumed by people - this needs having e-commerce portal as well as high-investment
- 13. High speed internet provider - this is a high-tech and high-cost option - but in India if you can give better option than JIO and AIRTEL - then market is huge - but you need to have access to the cutting edge technology for this.
- 14. Providing niche-entertainment to niche-segment - a significant portion of the population have smartphones, and rely on them to communicate, do research, and watch entertainment.
- 15. Manufacturing of thermal scanners and Sanitization-gates
- 16. Providing the server and hardware space that other companies can use - needs high level of it professionals to manage the hardware and equipment - need few servers, laptops initially
- 17. Integrated - Interdependent interrelated farming - which will have piggeries, dairy, fish, poultry and niche vegetables - in one place
- 18. Business incubator - a typical business incubator will provide clients with management training, office space, high-speed internet connectivity, gym, food catering, and other necessities
- 19. Business accelerators and aggregators - the job of a business incubator is to help new companies and startups plan and launch successfully..
78 Low investment opportunities and options - few of these are for Professional who are optimally qualified and experienced in their professions
- 1.Opening coin operated laundering - it will be a first - but may succeed if low-cost and conveniently located in the residence welfare associations of housing societies
- 2.Compliance and regulations management services for e-commerce stores - would need in-depth knowledge of the industry regulations, laws, loopholes and solutions.
- 3.Small mobile-advertisements creators - for putting on YouTube and for digital marketing - for small businesses - using simple natural outdoor and indoor locales - a good mobile and editing yourself
- 4.Online customer engagement and conversion specialist
- 5.Cheap WiFi routers installation - to execute on this business idea you could begin by approaching public malls and areas with a lot of foot traffic, talk to the owners, and see if you can set up a deal to install the WiFi hotspots.
- 6.Business plan designing and business ideas coaching
- 7.Hot air balloon rides and local rappelling - get the licenses and promote at local schools and residences
- 8.High class crèches taking care small children -with solid value addition
- 9.Creating chat-bots
- 10. Virtual reality designing
- 11. Social media and digital marketing expert
- 12. Being a tester for new applications, operating systems, gadgets and reviewer
- 13. Virtual personal assistant and secretarial service
- 14. Online dating specialist - marriage counselor, a psychologist, and a web developer
- 15. Selfie drones
- 16. Amazon, Flipkart, eBay trader and or seller
- 17. Fashion-blogger and special occasion dress advisor for upper-middle to elite class
- 18. Instagram creator
- 19. Digital marketing withniche in posting blogs, articles, videos, advertisements in - almost all of the social media
- 20. Cybersecurity trouble-shooter
- 21. Massage therapist
- 22. Bed and breakfast with AirBnB - if you have reasonably good spare accommodation in nice and connected locations
- 23. Niche cleaning services
- 24. Home health care services for nursing as well as companionship
- 25. Nutrition consultant and personal-trainer
- 26. Real estate broker
- 27. Recruiter using assessment /development centers to select the right fit - for mid to senior level people
- 28. Connecting startups with fundraising firms
- 29. Rehabbing houses and retirement houses
- 30. Being an YouTuber - create and edit videos to sell your products or for someone else
- 31. Coin-operated laundry
- 32. Reselling used goods and furniture
- 33. Personal celebrity chef service
- 34. Culinary arts course
- 35. Language school to teach any language you are great in
- 36. Translating and interpreting service for any language you are great in
- 37. Cost reduction consulting firm
- 38. Resume writing service
- 39. Financial advisor - for startups - for financial-feasibility and business-viability studies and reports for small-businesses
- 40. Accounting and bookkeeping for various tax filing
- 41. Drop-shipping and grocery and food delivery service
- 42. Homemade gourmet foods and culinary delights making and delivering
- 43. Homemade natural soaps/beauty products
- 44. Taking around - high net worth visitors
- 45. Content writer a content writer - should be able to quickly digest complex topics and turn them into engaging posts that are well optimized for search engines
- 46. Podcasting with interesting or niche topics that are suitable
- 47. Antique refurbishment
- 48. Image and makeup consultant
- 49. Language teacher
- 50. Electric charging station provider
- 51. Energy auditor
- 52. E-bike repair services
- 53. Career coaching
- 54. Decluttering services
- 55. Pick & drop services
- 56. Medical courier service
- 57. Graphic design
- 58. Instagram marketing
- 59. Tax filing
- 60. Landing page design specialist
- 61. Interior design consultant
- 62. Going for your own niche Fiverr gigs
- 63. School and college admissions consultant
- 64. Writing greeting cards
- 65. Buy and sell domain names
- 66. Freelance proofreading and editing
- 67. Take paid online surveys
- 68. Ghostwriter if you love writing and don't mind others taking credit for your work
- 69. Teaching DIYs - anything from cooking to gardening to easy-cleaning
- 70. Contract customer service - meaning servicing clients on behalf of organizations who cannot afford a large customer-service staff
- 71. Online and social media research
- 72. Professional webinar organizing
- 73. Monetizing your hobbies by teaching or through selling whatever you can make-demonstrate-show
- 74. Online photo selling - if you are a photographer who takes photos which creates awe
- 75. Tutoring - in what you know - to create better options and solutions and giving solid value-addition by making it better than say Byju's
- 76. Market facilitator - by helping others find market and customer's for their product
- 77. Business broker - to assists buyers and sellers of privately owned businesses in the buying and selling process
8 examples of opportunities for technical-experts
- 1.Big data analyst consulting
- 2.Managing digital marketing campaign
- 3.SEO expert
- 4.Repair of thermal-scanners for corona
- 5.Laptop and tab repair - because of online education and transactions - this field has taken huge leap
- 6.Repair of corona testing equipment
- 7.DDOS attacks identifiers and cyber-attack prevention security-company - with the rise of fast internet speeds across the entire country, more hackers are going to be targeting companies as they grow.
- 8.Web designer and mobile app developer - for creating low cost connectivity solutions to local small stores for rural areas
- 9.Creating websites and applications for schools and educational institutes to run their online programs for students and connecting seamlessly all the stakeholder likes school, teachers, students and parents
16 examples of opportunities for unskilled - these might be known to you - but during tough times - forgetting the EGO and finding and doing some of these work may add big value to you later AS you may be able to start a big business later after acquiring enough knowledge, edge, skills, experience and exposure in these
- 1.Pick-up and delivering cooked-food, packages to any item from door to door and home to home
- 2.Delivering in the local area - the items ordered by consumers - from grocers, traders, and other packages - home to home
- 3.Collection of return-items from homes
- 4.Paid pet caretaker
- 5.Junk removal service
- 6.Elderly caretaker
- 7.Skilled and unskilled workers suppliers
- 8.Daytime home companion
- 9.Baby and house-sitters
- 10. Decluttering and house reorganization
- 11. Night attendant at hospital home
- 12. Supervising home repairs by workers
- 13. You can think of starting a small grocery or stationery shop in your locality.
- 14. If you are able to invest more capital and readier to take risk, then wholesale business is a good option for you.
- 15. One can also take up some agency business or become a stockiest. The real estate business which is booming now-a day can also be a lucrative alternative
- 16. Starting a crèche
Opportunities for skilled - is not given purposely in this article - because if someone have hard-skill which normally people outsource and are good in what they do - they need to pay attention to marketing their services and delivering excellence only to do very well.
#howearnifyoudon'thavejob, #whattypeofselfemploymentyoucangofor, #Alternativeselfemploymentavenues, #selfemploymentoptionsaftercorona, #highinvestmentbusinessopportunitiesandoptions, #lowinvestmentbusinessopportunitiesandoptions, #Alternativeselfemploymentideas2021, #opportunitiesforunskilledperson, #whattechnicaldomainexpertscando, #selfemploymentopportunitiesforprofessionals, #findingselfemploymentintoughrecessionarycondition, #survivingfinanciallyduringdifficulteconomicsituations, #creatingandgeneratingalternativesourcesofrevenue, #basicsprerequisiteforcreatingselfemployment, #monetizeyourskillsandtalents, #identifyyouruniquenicheandmasterit, #identifywhatproblemsofothersyoucansolve, #generatebusinessideasthroughyourownfrustrations, #createrobustbusinessandrevenuemodels, #adoptingguerrillamarketingtechniques, #useSPINtosell, #identifywhichchallengescreatedbycoronayoucansolveforothers, #learntomarketdigtallyyourselfandyourproductsnadservices